Q. How should I store my cheese?
- To best preserve your wonderful Sartori Cheese, we recommend storing in a refrigerator at a temperature of 34-40 degrees Fahrenheit. Once your cheese is opened, we suggest you wrap it tightly in saran wrap, put it in a sealed plastic bag, or in a tightly sealed container. This will help prevent the cheese from drying. Tip: Store your cheese in the vegetable drawer where the air is more humid.
Q. Do Sartori products contain allergens?
- As we make some varied and unique cheese,
we suggest you read the label where we clearly call out all the ingredients and allergens. For starters, our cheese is made from milk. This
allergen, and any other, is listed following the word "contains" in bold print under the ingredient statement on the product label. Example:
Ingredients: pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes.
Q. Is Sartori Cheese made with rBST/rBGH-free (certified hormone free) milk?
- Sartori Reserve, Sartori Classic, and Sartori Limited Edition cheese varieties are all
certified rBST-free thanks to our patron farmers. This means that all of our cheese sold at retail is free of added hormones. We have partnered
with local dairy farmers for generations to source the highest quality milk out there – as we believe better milk helps make better cheese! For
more detailed information or questions about rBGH/rBST-free cheese, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be more than happy to provide you more
Q. Does Sartori offer Kosher products?
- All of Sartori's retail cheeses are not kosher, although some use kosher ingredients.
Q. Is Sartori cheese made using pasteurized milk?
- Yes, our milk is certified Grade A and is pasteurized in accordance with state and federal regulations. Our family-owned Patron Farm partners are an integral part of the Sartori Story (please see a few of our brief videos highlighting some of the farms!). We have partnered with some local farms for generations and we believe in the quality of their milk. Through our strong relationships, we work as a team to ensure that it is the finest, freshest milk available.
Q. What are the crunchy crystals in some Sartori cheese?
- In our award winning BellaVitano®, SarVecchio® Parmesan and MontAmorè® cheese, you may notice a slight crunchy feel. This crunchiness comes from Calcium Crystals (Calcium Lactate) which appear as part of the aging process. These crystals are naturally formed during the uniquely complex development that produces our signature flavors. The white spots you may see on the surface of Raspberry BellaVitano® and other Sartori cheese varieties are also calcium crystals. It is a sign of a great, well-aged cheese. Enjoy!
Q. What is the shelf life of your cheese?
- The shelf life of cheese will vary according to the type (moisture content, acidity, etc.) and the kind of packaging material used. All Sartori cheese should be stored at 35 - 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Properly stored and unopened, the recommended storage time for our Reserve and Classic retail cheese will range from 120 to 360 days. Contact us at email@example.com for questions on specific items.
Q. What is the shelf life of your cheese after the package has been opened?
- Once opened, the shelf life will be
dependent on the variety and how the cheese has been handled. For recommendations on specific products, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. Is Sartori cheese vegetarian?
- Parmesan, SarVecchio® Parmesan, and all BellaVitano® cheese varieties use microbial enzymes and may be considered vegetarian, in particular lacto-vegetarians and lacto-ovo vegetarians.
Q. Can Sartori Cheese products be frozen?
- Yes, although we do not recommend it. Freezing and thawing may alter the characteristics of the cheese, resulting in clumping or drying when it is thawed out.
Q. Is there gluten in Sartori cheese?
- Sartori cheese is considered gluten-free by the FDA.
Q. Is there alcohol content in your cheese?
- A few of Sartori’s products use alcohol-containing liquids as their treatment to the outside of the cheese rind. During the aging process, the cheese will pick up flavor from the liquids. However, because of the aging and packaging process used, essentially all alcohol is evaporated. These products are safe for children and pregnant women to consume.
Q. Do you offer tours?
- At this time, we do not offer tours. If that changes, we will post on our website and make an announcement through our enewsletter and social media channels.
Q. Can I eat the rind?
- Yes, the rind is meant to be eaten! However, some folks like to trim the rind (1/8 inches off) of our SarVecchio® Parmesan and Classic Parmesan.
Q. What’s the best way to serve Sartori Cheese?
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before consumption, leaving the cheese in its packaging during this time. Once ready to serve, enjoy with your friends and family!